About Me

I am just an average mom trying to find ways to sneak in "me time" when I really don't have any time to spare. I have an amazing 2 year old, a houseful of pets, a part-time job, and a husband to take care of. I also have anxiety disorder, hence the title of my blog. Crafting has always helped me reduce stress, and this blog is a further attempt at staying on track and taking better care of myself.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Progress!

After a not-very-productive week (at least in terms of crafting) I feel good about getting a little bit done last night.  I bought some wonder-under and muslin so I could start the bean bag project for my son's friend, and I cut out all the number stencils.  I got them traced onto the wonder-under and chose the fabrics I will be using for the bean bags.  I am waiting for my son to nap before turning on the iron and fusing the numbers onto the fabric...call me a paranoid mom but I prefer not having a hot iron around him.  He is very good, and I am very careful, but still. 

I also decided to make some small zipper pouches to keep in my purse.  I have a bunch of old jeans zippers that I can repurpose so I bought a sharp new seam ripper and ripped one out of the jeans.  It took me a long time, and then I immediately broke the zipper.  Ugh.  Sometimes I think spending the $1 would be easier than trying to recycle things, but I know in the global scheme of things I am doing the right thing. 

And since I had the seam ripper handy, I ripped out the denim tote bag handle that I started but could not finish due to the many denim layers being too hard on my machine.  I am so glad I bought a new seam ripper.  What a difference from my dull old one!  I also recently replaced my sewing machine needle and my rotary cutter blade.  I am not good about doing these maintenance-type things but I can see such a difference when using sharp tools. 

Hopefully more time to craft later.  I need to take pics of the beanbags in progress too. 

Thanks to Quiltincats for leaving me my very first comment! 

>S<

1 comment:

  1. THAT'S why I thought I knew you! I know quiltcats. : )

    I also cope with anxiety. And I'm the original Slow Poke. : ) Drop by and say hi!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete