About Me

I am just an average mom trying to find ways to sneak in "me time" when I really don't have any time to spare. I have an amazing 2 year old, a houseful of pets, a part-time job, and a husband to take care of. I also have anxiety disorder, hence the title of my blog. Crafting has always helped me reduce stress, and this blog is a further attempt at staying on track and taking better care of myself.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Broken needles are scary.

I am still feeling rather lucky to have both my eyes.  I sewed over a pin tonight, and broke my sewing machine needle into 3 pieces.  I also bent the pin, and the head came off.  Hopefully it's not in the mechanism of the bobbin.  I took apart what I could, but didn't find it.
 
Yikes!

After my little incident, my sewing machine went on strike.  This is the bobbin side:

It is *most* unhappy.  I am praying it is not *most* expensive to fix.

Luckily, the beanbags are nearly done and can easily be finished by hand.  Most of what I have left to do is hand-sewing anyway.  The tote bag?  Hmmmm....not likely to finish that by Sunday with a cranky machine.  What a bummer. 

Here are my pretty little beanbags, all lined up and ready for their inner pockets to be sewn shut:


I am very pleased with the way they look.  They seem so happy. 

It's late and I am pooped.  I did a lot tonight and I don't have far to go.  Now I just need to decide if I should take my machine in.  It's probably due for a servicing anyway...but financially, this isn't the best time.  But hey, tomorrow I have a lady coming over to hopefully buy all my old maternity clothes, so maybe that can be the beginning of my sewing machine repair fund. 

>S<

No comments:

Post a Comment