About Me

I am just an average mom trying to find ways to sneak in "me time" when I really don't have any time to spare. I have an amazing 2 year old, a houseful of pets, a part-time job, and a husband to take care of. I also have anxiety disorder, hence the title of my blog. Crafting has always helped me reduce stress, and this blog is a further attempt at staying on track and taking better care of myself.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And more links

No sewing last night.  I was too tired.  But I had a great day with my little one and a long nap, so I am feeling good about tonight.  My goal, if I get into the sewing room at all, is to finish the blue and purple scrap block and start a grocery bag.  Maaaaybe finish a grocery bag, but at least START it.  I need to decide on a pattern but there are too many to choose from.  For simplicity's sake I think I will start with a Morsbag ( http://www.morsbags.com/ ) because the pattern is super easy.  I am concerned with the durability of the bag but it's hard to judge that until it's actually made.  The fabric I bought is a heavy cotton, somewhere between quilting cotton and duck fabric.  And I have denim to use for handles and accents if I feel like getting fancy.  Oh and I am going to tempt fate and NOT prewash.  It's the rebel in me, what else can I say.  I just want these bags done.  Every time I go shopping I feel bad that I don't have them.  I do reuse EVERY plastic and paper bag we get (unless they have slimy gross stuff in them) but still. 

Following a bunch more blogs.  Man, these people are so creative and brilliant and awesome.  Not only do they make really cool stuff, but they take the time to write tutorials too.  Crafters sure are cool people.

Grocery cart caddy - must make one of these.  http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2009/08/cart-caddytutorial.html

Cute fabric envelopes to help keep you organized.  Could be a good idea...  and there is a long list on the right side of other stuff that might be worth looking at.  http://www.boltneighborhood.com/2010/06/envelope-it-a-tutorial.html

A mail organizer that I don't really need, but I *do* need a toiletry organizer for the bathroom.  Lots of other cool stuff to see here too.  http://www.noodle-head.com/2010/05/mail-organizer-tutorial.html
http://www.noodle-head.com/p/tutorials.html

30 minutes til I leave work.  Yay!

>S<

No comments:

Post a Comment