About Me

I am just an average mom trying to find ways to sneak in "me time" when I really don't have any time to spare. I have an amazing 2 year old, a houseful of pets, a part-time job, and a husband to take care of. I also have anxiety disorder, hence the title of my blog. Crafting has always helped me reduce stress, and this blog is a further attempt at staying on track and taking better care of myself.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Progress!

I finally started cutting into a quilt I am making for a good friend of the family.  I have been scared to start...the fabric is beautiful and expensive, and I don't want to mess it up!  But my mom is here and gave me the courage to get started.  It is a simple square design, with hand-dyed solids in muted colors.  I have 8 fat quarters to cut up, and I finished 2 tonight.  This is my first time NOT using the grid lines on the cutting mat, and I hope it helps my accuracy.  There is some room for error in this pattern and I think I am going to be happy I chose something so forgiving. 

After completing those 2 fq's I cut up some scraps for a scrap quilt I am working on.  When I laid them out to show my mom how they will go together, it was all wrong!  Ack, how frustrating.  I was too tired to figure out where I went wrong so I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.  I copied the pattern from a photo of a scrap quilt I saw on craftster, so I had to do all the measurements myself.  I am usually good at this sort of thing so I am surprised I messed it up.  I am curious to see where I went wrong.  I have already done 12 small blocks for this quilt so I hope those aren't messed up too.   Here is a link to the quilt I am copying:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=197185.0

Working on getting pictures posted of the things I mention here.  Still figuring out how this is going to be formatted, but I am glad I started this blog.  And I must say, I really enjoy being in my sewing room.  It still needs a lot, but it is functional and cute and most of all, it's mine.  So thankful to have the opportunity to have a dedicated space in our house for my creative stuff, even if I have to share it with guests when they visit :) 

>S<

No comments:

Post a Comment