About Me

I am just an average mom trying to find ways to sneak in "me time" when I really don't have any time to spare. I have an amazing 2 year old, a houseful of pets, a part-time job, and a husband to take care of. I also have anxiety disorder, hence the title of my blog. Crafting has always helped me reduce stress, and this blog is a further attempt at staying on track and taking better care of myself.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Organizing.

My mom has been visiting (the sewing room is also the guest room) so I haven't sewn anything, but I did get a whole bunch of plastic storage totes yesterday and have been trying to organize my stuff.  I am pleased with the result so far.  I still have a lot of stuff and not a lot of room, but I am trying to make it work. 

One of my goals is to get rid of some awful Xmas blocks from a block exchange many years back.  I don't like Xmas quilts, and I didn't even like most of the people in that group, so why I have held on to these things is a mystery.  But today I took my beautiful block out of the stack, folded the rest up, and put them next to the computer to remind myself to post them on Freecycle and Craigslist.  I still can't bear to just toss them in the trash.  Why am I like this?  Who knows.  I struggle with throwing things out and I always have.

Since buying this house, I have been trying to make my stuff fit, and the only way that will happen (short of adding on to the house) is to get rid of some things.  Our house isn't that small, 1300 square feet plus a big garage we aim to finish out into a room for hubby.  Not huge, but perfectly adequate for 3 people and a handful of ungrateful animals.  So it's time for me to learn to let go of some things.  I am happy with my progress in the past year.  I could always do more, but with a toddler, it's hard to stick to a timeline.  My goal for this project, as with everything else in my life right now, is FORWARD PROGRESS.  That's it.  Even if it's just one small step.  Or making a to-do list.  Or pondering how I might blog about thinking about writing a to-do list someday.  Every little bit has to count, because many days, that's all I can manage!

Mom leaves tomorrow.  I have enjoyed her visit, as usual.  Her bond with her grandchild is so magical.  Seeing two people I love making each other so happy - what a blessing.

Hoping for some sewing to report tomorrow after work.  I cut a big block for my scrap quilt and am eager to put it together. 

>S<

No comments:

Post a Comment